Wednesday 23 December 2009

The Return of Me! And Some Reviews...

Hello my lovelies!

So sorry about my mini disappearing act but I arrived at home 2 days ago (hello, yummy home cooked food!) and have been caught up in a whirlwind of wedding preparations since then! However, I have got things (vaguely) under control now so I'm back to posting regularly, hopefully! :)

A couple of weeks ago I purchased 2 products that I've been using pretty regularly and feel comfortable reviewing for you - they're both at the lower end of the price spectrum (hurrah!), one is skin care and one is makeup. Let's start with makeup!

ELF Dual Cream Eyeshadow Duos: These are one and a half pounds each, and available on the ELF website. They come in a range of 9 duos so you have a fantastic range of 18 colours to choose from and I find almost all the shades wearable. However, I tried wearing these as eyeshadow on their own, and they crease and fade in 2 hours! Since I had to justify the purchase (!), I was determined to get some good out of them, so I used them as eyeshadow bases and voila! These work wonderfully as bases underneath your regular powder eyeshadow. They really bring out the colour of your eyeshadow so much more - so, for example, if you layer the dark brown under your brown eyeshadow you would get a much more intense result than if you used a colourless or skintone eyeshadow base.

This is what they look like in the packaging... (packaging feels super cheap and plastic-y but thats ok since it contributes to the low price, I just wish they had atleast put the names of the shades on the back of the containers!)



Here's a shot of all 9 without flash...


And with flash!

And ofcourse, swatches... (without and with flash, respectively)





On to the skin care product! Concealer is one thing I wear religiously and I wish I could say that I'm extremely careful when applying it and I dont tug or pull at the skin around my eye but that would just be an outright lie :( Most of the times I'm in such a hurry that I just slap the stuff on and blend pretty vigorously which, I have noticed of late, is resulting in... *sigh* ...wrinkles and fine lines :(

So I set out to rectify this horrifying, horrifying problem. Number one, I have PROMISED myself that no matter HOW much of a hurry I am in, I will NOT treat the skin around my eyes roughly. Number two, time to invest in an eye cream :D

Garnier Nutritionist Regenerating Eye Cream:
this is a drugstore product that cost me about ten pounds. Before I give you my opinion on it, I'll show you what the product claims to do for you..


So in essence, this product is making some pretty tall claims - reducing bags, dark circles and fine lines! I've found that it definitely does make a difference with the bags under your eyes as well as a pleasantly noticeable difference with the fine lines, but sadly it did nothing for my dark circles. To be fair, I dont think I've ever come across a skin care product that did anything for my dark circles! But would I buy this cream just for the fact that it visibly reduces my fine lines?
YES.


The tube looks tiiiiny but I've found that you can use a tiny dot of cream for each eye so I would predict that this will last me about 3-4 months with daily usage.

That's all from me for now, lovelies, but the next post I do will be on my makeup collection; that's a post I hadnt planned on doing myself but so many people have requested it that I decided to go ahead and do it...

Till then!

x
(Attn FTC! These products were purchased by me using my own money, Im not affiliated with either company nor am I being paid to do these reviews, this is my honest opinion!)

No comments: