Wednesday 20 January 2010

Review: Bourjois Clubbing Mascara

Hey, makeup addicts!

I have to confess - Im an idiot. When I was packing to return to London, I was so frazzled and all over the place (just because things weren't the best at home and I didn't want to leave my family) that I left behind a LOT of stuff I should have brought with me.

Which includes my MAC and Bobbi Brown concealers. Ouch.

And my brand new MAC mascara. Double ouch.

I refuse to buy concealer because I have half of my MAC one left and a whole pot of the Bobbi Brown corrector, so Im just making do with the Bobbi Brown tinted brightener (btw, I have to post about this product, so much to say!) which I did manage to throw in at the last minute.

But I figured I could use the opportunity to try out a drugstore mascara like Ive been meaning to for a while.

Now the popular opinion is that in terms of drugstore makeup, Bourjois is quite solid. So a couple of nights ago, I found myself perusing the Bourjois display in the makeup aisle of my local Superdrug. They have quite a few different mascaras but I always look for a volumising one and hence I picked the Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black mascara!



Now here's what Bourjois claims about the product: "Double-sided volumising brush with product reservoirs + vinyl formula enriched with intense black mineral pigments. Tested and loved by clubbers".

My verdict: Holy grail material, guys. Seriously. This is priced just under £9 which is about the high end of the average drugstore mascara price spectrum but it PERFORMS. Worth EVERY penny.



It is much, much blacker than other mascaras Ive used and it adds killer volume to my lashes - wait for it - WITHOUT clumping! It clumps just a bit at the roots of my lashes but that actually ends up looking amazing because it gives my lashes a thicker, fuller appearance, sort of like you're wearing eyeliner when you're not.

Last night I applied two coats of this and BAM! It gave me a false-eyelash, doll-eyed effect!

So here's a picture of my eyes with and without Bourjois Clubbing... judge for yourselves!


What do you think? Have any of you found your holy grail mascara yet? Which one is it? Let us know!

x

FTC disclaimer: I bought and paid for this product. Im not affiliated with this company and this is my honest opinion!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Sana, I am sold on this one, it looks amazing!! Going to buy this asap. Thanks!

Sana Ansari said...

Thanks, girl! Let me know how it works for you!