Tuesday 24 November 2009

Lip Stuff...

...that I'm really liking at the moment. With the usual MAC stuff (brand loyalty, anyone?) and one other product that really, really surprised me. In a good way.

MAC DAZZLEGLASSES: In the picture below are (from left to right) Stop! Look!, Phiff and Love Alert. For those who are unfamiliar with dazzleglasses, these are a super-sticky, glittery, sheerer version of the regular MAC glosses. They really are very sticky, and this may be a put off for some people but I don't mind too much because the stickier the lip product, the longer it stays on! They have the most beautiful tiny flecks of glitter in them which somehow doesn't look too over-the-top when worn on the lips. One thing though, the colour you see in the bottle is definitely NOT what you get on the lips. These go on super, super sheer - Love Alert, for example, can look pretty intimidating in the bottle but it goes on as a medium strawberryish tint. That might just be a good thing though... glitter + strong pigmentation = a bit too much maybe?



Next up are two lipsticks - a high end brand and a drugstore discovery. And I adore them both equally. On the left is Darling by GOSH Cosmetics - it comes ridiculously close to being the most perfect nude lipstick ever. Considering that I bought this for under 5 quid, I didn't expect much but I was completely blown away by this product. The colour is the perfect combination of a fleshy pink and a true beige and the formulation is WOW. It goes on super smooth and creamy and lasts for upto 5-6 hours. The only drawback is that if you put too many coats on straight from the tube (as I often tend to do!) you can end up looking a little deathly pale. The key is to apply very little product, either with a lip brush or straight from the tube but with a very light hand. On the whole, five stars for GOSH Darling!




Next to GOSH Darling is Dark Side, a limited edition product from MAC. I cant remember for the life of me which collection this was from... I THINK it was the Marilyn Minter collection but I'm probably wrong. This is the colour that you wear when you want to make the following statement...

Autumn. Has. Arrived. With a bang.

Dark, vampy, berry shades of lip products were all over the Fall/Winter 09-10 catwalks and it's clear that MAC is paying ode to the hottest colour of the season. This one is definitely not for the faint-hearted... as the swatches show it is very strongly pigmented and what you see in the tube is exactly what you get on the lips. This is an Amplified formula which means its really glossy and call me crazy but it does give my lips a slightly fuller look (which the Amplified formula is supposed to do). Another really nice product!

(Im just not sure when Im going to stop wearing it as a tint and build up the courage to wear it as a full-on lipstick!!!)

And here are some swatches for your viewing pleasure...

Without flash... (Darling BARELY shows up - its that very, very, very light pink patch on the left!)



And with flash!


It's been such a long day, London weather is being HORRID and I am exhausted. This was my unwind session. I'm so tempted to just get into bed now but no... must. complete. essays.

Sigh.

Hope you had a lovely Tuesday, and thanks for reading!

x

No comments: