Tuesday 2 February 2010

IMATS LONDON 2010!

Hello my lovelies!!!

I was lucky enough to attend the London IMATS 2010 show and I'm so, so excited and happy to share my experience and pictures with you! IMATS is the International Makeup Artist Trade Show which is held annually in 5 cities across the world. Among the makeup fraternity, its just referred to as "the show" which gives you an idea of what a huge deal it is!

IMATS brings together makeup artists, students, lovers, sellers, buyers and everyone in between! There are great makeup brands selling goods at discounted prices, makeup competitions, lectures and seminars by leading makeup artists from the industry and just the chance to meet and talk to people who share the passion!

So rather than bore you with more words, Im going to tell my IMATS story through pictures! Click on a picture to enlarge.

Welcome to IMATS!


It was insanely busy... even at ten in the morning...



The makeup students, hard at work creating their masterpieces for the student competition...
I was lucky enough to meet the famous Koren of EnKore Makeup!

The AMAZING Crown Brush stall...




The extremely pretty (but extremely overpriced) Yaby Cosmetics!



Makeup Forever! Which I sadly wasnt tempted by at all...

I believe this was the Makeup Artist Provisions stall... that's all foundation and concealers!
More Crown Brush goodness...


The Alcone stall!



Naked Cosmetics! Aren't their pigments LUSCIOUS?!




And ofcourse, Illamasqua cosmetics!

Tom Savini!!! THE GOD of special effects and prosthetics makeup!


More Crown Brush... I just couldnt get enough!


Many makeup stalls had live models to demonstrate face and body painting...








The Makeup Museum - I loved this exhibit because it really opened my eyes to how much you can do with makeup. Its not just about the pretty. Infact the pictures below arent about the pretty at all!









I hope you enjoyed this! Im going to be putting up my IMATS Haul post next!

Sneak preview of the haul post: IM BROKE.

Till then, lovelies!

x

3 comments:

Sarah Ali / Glossicious said...

glad to fond a fellow pakistani blogger.. u r the first one ..lol
i m now following you..follow back you like my blog "
)

Unknown said...

Wow Sana the makeup/body art on those live models is amazing! And that prosthetic severed head looked scarily life-like! It looks like it was a really great event, thanks for posting the pics! :)

Sana Ansari said...

@ Sarah: Thanks, babe, Im glad you like it! x

@ blomfieldim: Im so glad you enjoyed it, Izzie! I had a great time myself.. cant wait for next years! x